About Jamie Pearson
Jamie Pearson is a writer, mother of two, and founder of Travel Savvy Mom. Her writing has appeared in Parenting, the Utne Reader, and in the award-winning anthology Toddler: Real-life Stories of Those Fickle, Irrational, Urgent, Tiny People We Love.
She has traveled extensively with and without her children, most recently to Galapagos, Phoenix, and the Big Island.
Her top three pieces of advice for aspiring family travelers are 1) Never leave home without peanut butter, 2) No child is too big for a stroller, and 3) Bring plenty of new toys—$50 for three pounds of plastic crap will seem like the deal of the century at 3am in a London hotel.
Recent posts by this author
- 7 Family-friendly restaurants in Amsterdam
- Eat your way through Amsterdam
- Wait. How long is a kilometer again?
- The Mystery of the Giant Pink Penis Lamp
- Getting to Amsterdam. Even the easy way was kind of hard.
- Why not Amsterdam?
- An All-inclusive Family Beach Vacation in Mexico
- A Small Ship Family Cruise to Alaska
- 5 Best Family Trips from Kensington Tours
- 5 Common Myths about Group Travel